Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

9/26/2003

No blood clots!! YAY! Whew! The swelling is due to 1) the blood thinner and 2) fluid retention (which is a complication of the clot disorder). The area of my left leg, between my mid thigh and mid calf has blood flow, but the vein has these fibers that were left over from the old clot. There's no way to get rid of the fibers, its just something that happens as the clot dissolves. They're a potential problem because blood clots can form. There are no fibers in my groin so it isn't interfering with the major blood flow and my right leg is free and clear of any clots which I was happy about too.

The tech was going to call my doc and give him the results, and if I need to do anything different than I'm doing now, he'll call me. My leg is still killing me, because of all the fluid retention, so I'm going to behave and prop my legs up and rest.

I'm a lot achier than I was earlier too, I think I'm just over doing things and need to slow down. Easier said than done ;-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home