Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

9/04/2003

Right shoulder calmed down, left foot is better (still not 100% pain free but I'm able to walk instead of hobble, left shoulder and right thumb joint flared last night - pain started and were full flares within 30 minutes. I slept (well sort of slept!) with ice packs on both all night and both have calmed down some. They're not killing me, I haven't had to take a pain pill this morning. I will wear my elastic hand brace to help my thumb.

Stomach has really been behaving the past couple of days. But then again, I've stuck to my bland diet. LOL!

I'm really tired of the side effects of the prednisone. I'm sure that Dr Booth is going to lower my dosage (or at least I should say I'm guessing because he's mentioned he wants me off) next week when I go in for my Remacade treatment. Its been 4 weeks that I've been on the 20 mg dose and I've decided today that I am going to start tapering down on my own. I just can't stand the swelling in my face and upper body as well as having the munchies all the time. I know this is frowned upon, but I gotta do what I feel is best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home