Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

12/02/2004

Blood Test Day

I got to the doc's office, and they checked me in, and put a shunt in my arm. They had to draw two vials of blood each hour! One to test the insulin levels, and another for something else I can't remember. Then they did the sugar level quick test. I didn't know it was going to be that much involved. I dropped to about 40 at 12:30, then the 1:30 was about 59, then the next was 67, then 71 so it rebounded, but not too high, which is what "normal" people do. Still don't know why I'm dropping so low, but he'll review the labs and I'll follow up with him in 2 weeks.

I also got the results from my thyroid ultra sound. No nodules were there, so I don't know what he was feeling. I'll talk to him more about that in 2 weeks too. It definitely is enlarged and has been for some time, so it is probably the autoimmune stuff.

I'm really tired, but not feeling as crappy as I thought I would. I also can go back on the prednisone. Since I'm hurting, they said I can take 20 mg tonight and then resume my regular daily dose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home