Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

9/10/2003

Dr B increased my Remacade dosage from 5ml/Kg to 7ml/Kg. He saw how swollen my joints were that are flaring today and so he said to just hang in there, hopefully the increase of the Remacade will help. He said he's not too impressed with the pain patches as far as his RA patients since they don't absorb into the joint as well as they would the muscle and other tissues like for your fibremyalgia. So he just refilled my other meds. He's pleased that my Ulcerative Colitis is still slowly getting better too.

I told him that I'd gone from 20 mg to 10 mg of prednisone for the past 9 days or so and he wasn't mad at all! He said that he would have preferred to me wait until today but understood me wanting to get off of it. He said for the next week to stay on 10 mg, then go to 9 mg for a week, then 8 mg for a week, and so on until I'm off of it. I'll be soooo happy to get off of this! The reason for tapering off so slowly is so my adrenal glands will have a chance to get used to working again on their own.

My hips and other joints are feeling a lot better tonight. I can actually get up from a chair without wanting to scream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home