Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

7/23/2003

Feeling pretty good today! Not much pain and stiffness this morning and there's just a little swelling in my left foot and ankle. They're looking so much better this week. I haven't even worn the socks! Stomach is liking me so far too. I only had to get up once in the night! YAY! It feels so good to be able to get some decent sleep, instead of having to get up 5-6 times. Such a big improvement!

My Mom was talking to a lady at her quilting club yesterday about me (I just love it when my Mom discusses my health problems with ladies I don't know). Anyway, in this case it may have been a good thing. This lady said that when you cut down on prednisone, you should do it by 1 mg per day, not all at once. If you do, it can cause swelling in the feet/legs as well as muscle cramps. I've had all the last two weeks, since I was cut down from 40 to 30 mg per day. I don't know if this was the total cause of the swelling and cramps, espeically since I've already got circulation probs from the blood clot and the cramps from the lasix. Interesting though, I thought.

I've got to remember to call my RA doc today. He wanted me to go in for some blood tests on Friday and I need to make sure he calls the order in to the hospital lab. I'm also going to see if I can do it tomorrow instead on my way home from work instead of Friday. I also need to call my gyno and make sure she got the results of my mammo and ultrasound for my appt with her on Monday morning. I'd hate to get all the way to Salt Lake and have them not be there. OH! I have an appt on Friday with my general doc for more blood thinner tests too. Can't forget that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home