Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

9/11/2003

I just got my blood test results from yesterday. My hematocrit (red blood cell percentage) level has dropped even more. Its now 24.9 down from 28. *sigh* My appt with the hematologist isn't until Sept 29 and I'm sure it will be even lower by then. They don't want to give me another transfusion until they can figure out what's wrong so I'm going to have to feel like shit.

My C-Reactive protein was up, which shows the level of inflammation I'm having. In 4 weeks its gone from 0.8 to 3.3. Its not good, but its not as high as its been, back in May it was 11.8. It says, Yes, Karen is having a lot of flares. Medical proof. It also shows something with my kidney function, but it was OK.

I'm getting to the point that I feel the need for a Karen pity party. I'm tired of being in constant pain, tired of feeling like shit, and just plain tired!!! I need to let myself have a pity party, that's one thing I've learned. If I don't, it makes matters worse and causes more stress. I'll have my pity party, get the aggravation and frustration out and feel a lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home