Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

12/09/2004

Dueling Doctors

I'm going in for my yearly colonoscopy on Dec 20. Yeah, sing the song, "Karen's taking it up the butt, doo-dah, doo-dah" Dr L is the gastro doc. They told me when I made the appt, to check with my internist to see if he wanted me to go off of the coumadin (blood thinner) 5 days prior - which is normal practice if the patient is stable enough to go off of it.

So, being the good patient I am, I called my internist today and asked if I could go off of it for 5 days. I get a call back from his nurse and they say "Call Dr L and ask if he wants you to." Umm... yeah... OK...

Last year, the answer from the internist was "don't stop taking the coumadin" I had no problems at all, and they even removed some pollops. So, I call Dr L's office and they say that it is up to the internist - even when I said that he said it was up to Dr L. ?! OK... so now what?! Should I keep taking it, split the difference and not take it for 2.5 days, or stop for the 5 days which is normal practice? Decisions, decisions...

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM , Blogger Crayonsetc said...

Got to love it... Make them talk to each other and you get out of the middle ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home