Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

6/28/2005

The Grand Opening Report

I had my yearly "Grand Opening" exam today with my gyno. As far as the hysterectomy went things are good. She said, "You've got good support all around." I guess those PC exercises are keeping things good in there. LOL! But then my right ovary was a little enlarged and very tender so she thinks that I could have a cyst developing or there is blood in it - which can happen after a partial hysterectomy for those on blood thinners. Hey - if its weird it will happen to me. So I get to have a poky scopy (inner ultrasound) done. Wow, poked twice in a week, this is indeed a record.

Then the fibroid is still in my left boob, and has gotten a little larger so she's ordered an ultrasound and of course both get the mammo.

Since I'm on prednisone, she wants me to have a bone density test which is fine, I've never had one, and I'm guessing that will be the best test of all.

The hospital can do all the tests on Friday (shocker!!) so I'll be there from 8:30 - Noon at least. Bring a book and bring some water to drink (they'll bloat me up and make me hold the pee! I hate that!).

Then since I had 5 units of blood transfused in 2003, I need to have Hep C and an HIV test as a precaution. I don't have any of the symptoms but you never know. I'll have Dr B draw the blood next week when I see him - no sense having two pokes in the arm in a week ;-)

I just love Dr. W. She's so in tune with patients and has caught things my other docs haven't. She's one hell of a smart woman. She's pleased that I'm doing so much better with my RA and UC.

I stayed home from work yesterday because the heat was really getting to me again and I was in quite a bit of pain and combine that with a large lack of sleep I needed to stay home.

BS has been fine - until a few minutes ago when I worked late, so I was eating late and I lost it. It went down to 48.

That's all to report for now...

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Hi. Oh my! I hope your tests go well. Take care.

Tina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home