Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

8/14/2003

I called Dr Hansen's office to see if Dr Booth had called and asked if they could make an excpetion to see me sooner than Sept 22 and the receptionist said that he hadn't. So, I called Dr Booth's office and talked to Cheryl (who is the sweetest lady and is the one who gives me my Remacade treatments). She said that Dr Booth knows I need to be seen as soon as possible, but that I'm not in an "emergency" situation. I'm anemic, yes, but Dr Hansen is also an oncologist (cancer doc) and he knows that cancer patients have priority over anemic patients. Even though I'm so frustrated and so tired of feeling rotten, not having any energy, etc., I should have thought about the other people who's health is so much worse than mine. I immediately felt guilty.

Anyway, I got a little choked up (this all happened between the whole tuition and meeting thing) when talking to Cheryl and she felt so bad, she knows how rotten I've felt. I composed myself and thanked her for calling me back, and then I called Dr Hansen's office back to see what time they could see me on the 22nd. It just happens to be at noon, which is right in the middle of my accounting class, so I'm gonna have to miss class that day! I'm NOT putting this off.

There are other doctors that I *could* see, but I feel like I need to wait for Dr Hansen. My sixth sense is telling me that I need to see him.

Cheryl called me back this afternoon to make sure I was OK, since I was upset this morning. She understands how frustrating it is, to feel so rotten and to be put off. She also asked me how my joints were and I told her about my bad flares over the weekend, and how odd that they came up so suddenly. She made a note in my chart and told me if it did it again to call immediately. I'm also supposed to call if I get more weak, dizzy, having trouble breathing, etc., to call them as well. Like how I felt when they admitted me to the hospital with my blood clot. My red blood cell count was down to 19 then and now its 24 (should be 36 to 48).


I also found out that Dr Hansen is the oncologist that treated my late SIL Lisa. My brother Bob said that he is an EXCELLENT doctor so he'll be worth the wait. Dr Hansen was the one who figured out that Lisa had cancer in her brain fluid (following her breast cancer) which is very rare.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better about things tonight, and I should be OK for 5 more weeks, especially since I've dealt with feeling like shit for months, what's another few weeks?! LOL!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home