Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

3/16/2005

Diabetic Doc Appt

I had my 3 month follow up with Dr H today. My A1C was 4.8! YAY! It has come up some, and she was pleased about that. She'd like it right around 5, so this is good. Eating the smaller, more frequent meals is doing the trick. She still thinks I'm heading for diabetes, but hopefully before we get to that point, there are meds that can make my body more sensitive to the insulin and would put the diabetes off even longer. So, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and if I feel like my sugar levels are dropping too low again, and bouncing around then we need to re-evaluate things. I'm already on so much medication, she doesn't want to add more if it isn't necessary - and I agree! I'll go back as I feel I need to, but at least 1/year.

Other than that - I've had a horrible day. I had the headache from hell! Totally kicked my ass. It has taken 3 darvocets in 4 hrs to even make it a dull roar. I spent about 5 hours in bed, and will be heading back soon. RA hasn't been bad today, but then I'm on pain pills! LOL! UC has been bothersome too, so I'm glad I was home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home