Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

7/01/2005

Test Day

I went to the hospital this morning for my 4 tests. I was smooshed, smashed, squeezed, rolled on, slimed, scanned, and measured. I had the mammo first, and that is always fun, feeling like you're plopping 5 lbs of meat on a cold metal counter. Then I went for my ultrasounds. They did the ovary first while my bladder was VERY full then I had to empty it before they did the vag (poky) one. Now there's an experience all in itself. I've had one before but I don't remember the wand being quite so big and it was pretty darn uncomfy. I was poked and prodded. Then they did the boob ultrasound. I was really impressed because the doctor came in and rescanned it just to make sure it was a good scan.

She gave me the results while I was there which was nice too. The mammo was clear, and the ultrasound showed the fibroid (as it did 2 yrs ago). I had to go get my films from the other hospital so she could do a comparison after I left. Anyway, she said its nothing to be worried about but we'll need to keep an eye on it. So, that's some good news.

Then she gave me the news about the ovary. My right one (the painful one!) is fine, but the left one shows something. (Great.) She wants to wait 6 weeks, then have me come in again to have yet another poke ultrasound. If its still there, we have a problem. If not - then its just something related to ovulating - but she was leaning towards the problem because it didn't look normal. She didn't want me to worry but wanted to give me a heads-up AND she needs to talk to my doctor too and then she can decide what she wants me to do.

Last, I went in for the bone scan. The lady asked how tall I was. 5'8". So she measured me and I was down to 5'6.5". I've lost 1.5" in a year. Holy shit. She said, "Oh dear, that's not good at all." So, she went over more of my history and said it could be linked to both the RA and being on prednisone BUT we have to wait and get the results. I just got the feeling that she didn't think they'd be too good.

I'm struggling a bit right now, because I'm so tired of being sick and I honestly don't know if I can handle one more thing. I know I shouldn't be getting upset until I know for sure, but its hard not to think and worry if something is wrong. I think I'll have myself a really good cry - and then deal with whatever comes my way.

The blasted heat is back too - and that's not helping at all. I'm in a lot of pain right now too. I'm going to take a coolish shower and relax. Hopefully that will help the pain pill.

5 Comments:

At 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! :( *HUGS* Let me know if there's anything I can do. I know the time difference is a bother, but I'm here if you need to talk. Love you!

 
At 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! I am so sorry that all this crap keeps happening to you. You deserve a break!!! Take care of yourself and enjoy the holiday weekend. Wish I could be there in person to give you this big hug!!!!!!! Love ya.

 
At 9:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, that was me leaving an anonymous comment. Did not know that it would do that. Hugs Kathi

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Tina said...

HI. Your still taller than me! I'm glad the tests are behind you except for the iffy ovary. I hope it will be normal before the six weeks are up. HUGS!! Lots of them.

Tina

 
At 5:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

{Soft pain-free hugs}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home