Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

7/26/2003

I did some research last night on the internet about hematocrit levels, etc., The amount of space (volume) red blood cells occupy in the blood is what hematrocrit is. The normal range for an adult woman is 36 to 47. I found some info on what "low hematrocrit" levels mean, and sure enough the bone marrow not producing the red blood cells is one problems. There were other disorders and cancers as well, but the bone marrow seems to fit the symptoms I'm having... and surprise, surprise, RA is one of the things that could be a factor. So, seeing that I already have RA, maybe it the only cause and not the bone marrow. So that did put my mind at ease a little.

I just hope we can get to cause so I can start getting well! I hate feeling so tired all the time. I want to be able to jump on the treadmill and exercise bike and just go! I want to be able to walk up 13 stairs without holding onto the rail for support and feeling like I'd just walked up 10 flights of stairs. I want to be able to walk more than 10 minutes without feeling like I just ran a marathon. I'll get there though... just need to be patient. But I'm really tired of it! I want my some of my energy back!!!!!! I know the reality of my health and I'll never have a lot of energy, but a little more would sure be nice.

My foot/ankle/leg was so swollen yesterday and had pain in the front and back of the calf. Last night it was so awful, it looked like an elephant foot and the pain in my calf was so bad I had to take a pain pill. It felt like it did when I was in the hospital with the clot. Bad Karen. I really have to keep wearing those socks. Crap. I did a lot of walking too yesterday and that didn't help any, yet its good for me too. I just need to get a happy medium! Its still swollen today but not as bad, but the pain is still there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home