Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

7/18/2005

Flares

I'm having some slight flares. Last night all of the sudden my right shoulder started bothering me, and before I knew it my wrist was too. The tendons were sticking out as they have in the past from the swelling. My elbow was next. I went to bed quickly and had ice packs on all spots and fell asleep, and woke up 4 hrs later and the ice packs had melted but things felt better so I didn't put more on. I woke up this morning with still some pain, and my right hip is doing the same thing. Then to top it off, I have the weird sore throat I get when I'm having flares. I'm sure its the heat causing it all, plus being upset Saturday night (upset is an understatement).

I was able to come to work though, and the pain pills have kept the pain in a tolerable level. I'll go to bed early again tonight and do the ice thing again. One good thing about the ice is that its keeping me cool! ;-)

UC has been fine, and my Blood sugar has been OK, I think the lowest its dropped was 66 in the past few days. Not sure why, I didn't forget to eat. Could be the heat too.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I hope you have a pain free day.

It just so happened that I came across your blog,and have been reading your posts.

Stay strong, and all good thoughts with you for your health.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home