Karens Health Log

Log of my health issues

7/29/2005

Thick

I get my protime tests done each month when I get my Remicade treatment by my RA doc. The tests are to be sent to Dr. B my internist. I hadn't heard anything for about 3 months so I called on Tuesday to find out if everyting was OK. They haven't been getting my test results (so I'll raise some hell with the lab!). I had the results faxed to Dr. B and the tests showed my blood is a lot thicker than it should be. With the amount of coumadin I take, it shouldn't be that thick so just to double check, he had me go in Wed afternoon for a quick test in his office. It was slightly lower (thicker) than the other tests showed. Great. So he is having me increase my meds by 2.5 mg for 4 days then go back to my regular dose. Tuesday I'll have another protime to see how its doing.

Now, I don't know if I'm being paraoind or what, but the last 2 days my legs have ached just like my leg did when I had the DVT (blood clot down the length of my left leg) - not to that extreme but the same type of ache. My ankles are slightly swollen but not any more than they have been for the past 3 weeks (I thought from the heat). I'm on 80mg of lasix a day since I have swelling anyway. My right leg actually hurts worse. Last night I started to realize what it could be. I will call Dr. B today to see if he wants me to go in for an ultra sound or if the thinks its OK. I don't want to be paranoid but I also know blood clots are something not to be messed with.

Other than that - I had major RA pain with all the heat, but things have cooled off now and the pain isn't so bad. I went the past 2 days without a pain pill (only at night). YAY!

UC has been fine, but my blood sugar has been a bit irratic and I'm blaming the heat for that too. Seemed to be really bad when it was so hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home